Monday, September 26, 2011

[rough footage]

I was getting over a cold this entire week, so my output probably wasn't what it could have been. But I still got some rough stuff done!

From when we're looking into the well. This is just the rough lineart/texture for the background; I'm planning on touching up the well's interior in Photoshop.


This is only about half the scene. I still need to animate her doing some action I haven't decided (maybe brushing off her dress?) and reacting to hearing her mother come up the stairs.


Super boring footage of Claire from the mom's POV, as she's berating her for not cleaning her room.


Rough animation of after Claire has fallen in the well, when she opens her eyes.

Hopefully this coming week will be more productive than this last one has been, haha.

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff all around! The shot of Claire coming in through the window looks really great. It shows you definitely did your research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Kristina!!! My only critique is that in the first video when she jumps out the window, she is leaning a little far back and it looks like she might fall over. If she corrects herself sooner I think it would work. I like your idea of her brushing off her dress.

    I LOVE the CU after she falls into the well. Terrific work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one where she's just blinking. Little kids will do that when they're bored, just consciously blink until they're allowed to do something else.
    The timing's perfect.

    For the shot of the well, it looks like the bottom edge of the bucket isn't in the same perspective as the well itself.

    The shot where she's opening her eyes looks good how it is, but if you get the chance, you might want add a few more frames of 'recoil' at the end, since the shot seems to end a bit abruptly. It also looks like there's a flicker towards the end, like two of the frames may have been accidentally switched.

    The climbing onto the window stuff looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff!

    Careful with the shot from the mum's POV. It's a downshot, so I feel Claire's head should be covering her neck more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the previous suggestions, though your first passes are already very high quality. It's exciting to see Claire move! There are some great, childlike poses when Claire is climbing in through the window.

    ReplyDelete