Monday, September 19, 2011

[backgrounds + footage]

I didn't get a chance to work much this weekend, but I'm still technically ahead of schedule, so I don't feel that bad! Mostly backgrounds were done anyway. These aren't colour corrected, so next time you see them they'll be more black and white and less sepia. More in keeping with the others you've seen.

The first time we see the well. I'm still tweaking it a little. Claire's head would be in the bottom right-hand corner.

View up from the well at Claire's face, when she's talking.

Rough footage!


The scene where she walks to the windowsill and hoists herself up. I haven't added the dress yet and I think I might keep going with the animation and include her swinging both her legs over the sill. Also, the colour's probably won't be that saturated? We'll see.

Her walking to the well for the first time.

I'm still feeling pretty good about all this. I'm taking revision notes as I go along. My goal is to finish all the rough animation, or at least most of it, this semestre, and spend next semestre colouring and adding the revisions people have suggested.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Kristina! The last walk cycle for some reason feels a little choppy- I will have to review it more carefully. The BGs are great, and I love the animation of her jumping on the sill. If you wanted to add more you could include some secondary action, as you mentioned.

    Great work!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's her head in the last clip that doesn't seem quite registered?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the silhouette look in the last animation! I would add a little indication of her arms moving because right now it seems like she doesn't have any. perhaps think about making her walk cycle a little bit more playful and childish? right now its pretty straight forward.

    the ink wash backgrounds look really awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete